01 January 2014

Dinosaur Butter Cookies

Happy 2014 everybodeeeehhh! 



On New Year's,decided to finish off with whatever I wanna bake as soon as possible. Well, considering that school's gonna start in a week or so. Sheesssh, never looking forward to 2hrs journey to and fro.

I baked butter cookies today and made use of the dinosaur cookie cutters that Eunice souvenir-ed (lol, what a word) me when she was in USA! Succcch lovely good friend I have~ how does she even know I would want a cookie cutter.. not that I've ever mentioned/hinted ya know. I was so happy to have received the souvenir from her btw! Loving ittttt~ That means... She also kinda gave me the green light to bake for her cute dinosaur cookies! And so, she'll receive it as soon as possible before it becomes soggy.

However, I had major problem when I was baking such simple cookies. Sigh, and I cried when it did not turn out what I expect it to be. Cried... coz I wasted 500g of Bread Flour, 180g of butter and sugar. I was not sure whether it was my fault or was it the recipe that could be so unreliable. Screw it I think it was the recipe. Bloody hell it was eggless and requires vanilla essence, mind fuck much?
Thereafter, mama came in to the rescue coz I was making a hell in the kitchen - slamming bowls, spatula fuck whatever I could grab at that moment. Yeah, I spoke to her while crying haha! Cry baby Humsie. So, instead of using the freaking recipe, mama suggested to google it. She came to see Martha Stewart (cos she's waaaayyyy better than that freaking recipe - shan't mention who). Moreover, I googled Laura Vitale's recipe and compared with what Martha has. It was definitely almost similar. Hence it tells me that both of their recipes are reliable and doesn't miss out on any ingredients. Also, Laura Vitale has video for the making of butter cookies - brownie points for reliability source! 



Check out: Laura Vitale's Butter/Sugar Cookie Recipe 
I didn't follow her recipe entire and I've tweak a few part of her recipe. Say... reduce the sugar here and there. But her techniques/method of baking was perfectly reliable and top notch. So, watch the video if you're in doubt.

No comments:

Post a Comment