06 December 2013

Fluff Bakery

I'm back and free to roam around for food currently. Right after finals, I headed down to Bugis, walked straight down to Jalan Pisang. There you have it just right opposite Hajjah Maimunah, the lovely famous cupcake store, Fluff Bakery! 

The store can be easily spotted as they had a familiar logo/sign-age hanging right above and outside their store. Moreover, Fluff Bakery was located close to Cinta Kek! I wonder how tough it is to have two well-known cupcake stores on the same aisle and located quite close to one another. Similarly, Spatula and Sweeet Tooth Addiction. Okay, let's not talk about this. 


Fluff Bakery's store was simply the most adorable cupcake store I've ever seen! It was certainly a-dream-come-true cupcake store outlook and ambience for me. I would love to own a store like that too! The two vintage bicycles caught my eye the most. I'm sure it did too for the others. As I stepped into the store, it smelt delicious (like the way it did at Spatula's). It was calm inside the store despite the hustle and bustle of hard working bakers in the kitchen. I certainly miss working in a cupcake store but I wouldn't want to be in such situations any more. It's exhausting to be honest!

I bought myself half a dozen cupcakes. Luckily, it was raining in the noon and went I reached there (which was about 1.15-1.30pm), there were no long queue at all! Hooray! Unfortunately, one of the cupcake was sold out by then despite them operating at 12 noon :( 
Fluff Bakery changes their cupcake flavours weekly and the 'always must have one' cupcake are the Nutella Red Velvet and Salted Caramel. So, not to worry if you crave for either one of them. However, you'll just have to be early before it sold out! 


^ Cinnamon Banana Caramel Pretzel Crumbs, $4 
Banana cake base with cinnamon banana filling. Caramel (i think so?) cream and top it off with pretzel crumbs. 
Honestly, the filling was a tad too sweet for me and my dad. Banana cake base was fine tho :) 

^Gingerbread Maple Liquid Cheesecake, $4
Cinnamon maple base with cheese filling. Maple liquid cream. 
All I know this tasted gross to me. The cheese filling was extremely not tasty at all that I couldn't and wouldn't want to have more than just a lick to it. Neither do I fancy the cake, I sure as well didn't like the minty/cinnamon taste to it. Oh it was undesirable and I hated this. Sorry.


^Strawberry Thyme Fruity Pebbles, $4 
Vanilla cake base with strawberry jam/paste filling. Buttercream with thyme taste (i thought so?). Top it off with fruity pebbles. 
This was indeed safe to eat and the strawberry filling was not sweet. It was perfectly fine. Although, I didn't catch the thyme taste. I'm guessing it was incorporated in the cream or maybe fruity pebbles? 



^Nutella Red Velvet, $4
Need I say more? It was the most delicious among the cupcakes I bought! Yummmmmmmzzz! I wished I bought 3 of these instead of 2.

Yay! Happy people with happy food! 


Location:
Fluff Bakery 

  • 12 Jalan Pisang
  • Singapore, Singapore 199079
  • Open from Wednesdays to Sundays, 12pm till all bakes sell out.
  • FacebookInstagram

No comments:

Post a Comment