18 December 2012

Jurong Bird Park

Last Saturday, my brother (the NS one) had a family day at Bird Park. I probably won't call it a FAMILY day. Because.... he was offered a few tickets only and over there weren't anything close to previous family day I've been to. Maybe they were budget. Yeah, probably. Haha.

I wasglad to have followed him even ifit was super early in the morning. Sigh. It's been long since I've been to Jurong Bird Park. I couldn't recall when was the last time I went.
I took a lot of pictures and it was the iPhone 4s tho.... Totally wishing I had a camera with me. I'm soooooo gonna get a new one since there's Christmas sales!

Let the picture do the talking now.


I'm not sure what's the matter with this swan? It has one of its leg up. 
Wanna be a flamingo, much? hahahaha. 


The toilet is clean and beautiful. I'm in love with the mirrors! 
It is just like Paramore's album with irregular shapes here and there~ 


The moment I stepped into Bird Park I was extremely fascinated and in awe with the orchid deco entrance. There were so many different kinds of them !!! It's pretty~ 
If you know me well, I enjoy admiring flowers :) 


My brother has amazing race going on so I walked around Bird Park with my mother. So glad she came along ! Else, I'll be adventuring alone which is..... not that bad. But... I can't self-time and take photos of myself, cant't I? 

Above are a few birds we saw along the way! Hehehe. It's cute that the Saddle-billed Stork came towards me as if knowing I want a closer look at it. :D It's scary when it's coming up to me. 

Up next, my mother wanted to watch shows so... show "King of the Skies" it was. 


The owls were soooo beautiful and hugeee! I wish I could keep one! 
Hehehe. And some were very old so there were kinda slow and sleepy, I suppose? 
There was one (the above pic) it was aged 2 years old ! Surprisingly, HUGE. 


Rest assure all props were fake and made up of sponges/ bricks whatsoever. 
The above two birds were the vultures! Hence, the fake statue to a cow's corpse. 


I'm love with the owls' feathers! It's damn gorgeous!!
Soooo.. Harry Potter-ish!!! :D

Then, we went to Bird's Research Centre to observe how they were hatched/ fed etc. Below two newborn birds were soooooo...... retarded! hahahaa. I mean... They look cute and very photogenic. They kept looking and the other (on the left) seemed to be chuckling. I took a video of it fyi. hehehehe. Cuteeeee! 



Managed to be with Kai Kai & Jia Jia when we were at Bird Park. 
HHAHAHHAHAHAHA. 
Worth it! No need to pay entry to Zoo!!

Afterwards, mother and I watched another show. I forgot what it was called.
The birds in this show flew just right above my head !!! HAHAHHAHA.
To my horror, it was pigeons that flew above me.....
Errrrr.. Okaaayyyy~ 

For the love of owls, they had this new exhibit on Darkness of the I forgot.....
Yaaaaaaaaayyyy!  Owls ! And it was perpetual darkness down there. I had difficulty finding my lovely owls at the beginning. But... My eyes got use to the dark and..... Helllloooo owwllss!!! *hoot hoot* 


My iPhone did not manage to capture the owls as good as people who brought DSLR. Sadly.... And tell you what, the owls didn't even not at even one posed in front of my iPhone camera. Shheessshh~ 
Thank you to Photoscape for allowing me the chance to brighten up the background and was able to outstand the foreground. Wowww... speaking of image segmentation much? heheh. 

Lastly was the penguins! 
I wasn't able to explore the whole Bird Park tho :( Because of shows and the brother seemed to want to... errr.. go home. Sighhhh. 

THE END JURONG BIRD PARK!
YAAAAYY!


Merry Christmas. Hohoho~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment