05 November 2014

Butterscotch Cafe




Visited Butterscotch Cafe (finally!) after school. Enjoy life before the start of exams week. I heard that this cafe was pricey. Nevertheless, their constant updates on Instagram about their menu made me want to visit the cafe every single time. What interest me to visit the cafe was the churros and souffle!  I have never tried souffle before. Neither have I tried baking it. Similarly for churros (well, apart from what I had from Haji Lane). Gotta try the real churros ya know. 

Travelling to Butterscotch was not easy as we are clueless about Bukit Merah estate. Thanks to Google Maps (our saviour!) we managed to find the cafe. It was raining hence, it took us almost 45 minutes to reach. We did stop for shelter and had a mini photoshoot coz..... the surroundings looked Instagram worthy. Anyway, let's talk about food. 

^ Churros 
It was served warm which is good. The churros were about an appropriate length. Once you took a bite to it.... It was not as expected. Well, I had one in Bugis, Haji Lane area. It tasted wayy way better than Butterscotch's. The more you take a bite to their churros it becomes kinda boring and sweet to eat. So much of cinnamon and sugar. The interior of the churros was... like Kuih Kiria (the doughnut shaped malay kuih). Hmm.. Im still not sure how churros should taste like. 
But, still Bugis's Cake Love > Butterscotch.

^Truffle Fries 
First time truffling! I've seen plenty of Instragrammers instagramming truffle fries but they were all from non-halal cafe. Thanks to Butterscotch I finally get to try! Not sure whta to expect but it was decent and the serving was sufficient for two. It's quite a lot more than any fast food chains. Thought this was worth what I'm paying for. 
Truffle fries from what I know they used truffle oil. Which is healthier than normal frying fries. hahah! It does taste a little different too! Some sort of garlic taste? 

^ Souffle served with Vanilla Ice Cream 
Also, my first trying this. It was sooooo goooodd and melts in my mouth! THe combination of chocolate sauce and vanilla ice cream compliments the souffle. Very yummy and worth what I'm paying for too! I likeeeee! 



No comments:

Post a Comment