17 January 2014

Baking Failure

After school... I planned to make macaroons.I was really scared it might turn out flat, no legs, too sweet or all that problems you can get on your first try baking macaroons. It's really not an easy cookie to make to be honest. That is why it's costly for that tiny cookie. 

The amount of work and strength you have to put into when sieving your almonds and icing sugar. Oh, I really hated the process. Also, there's the part where it might be the cause of failure in macaroons. The most crucial part... The meringue! Jeng Jeng Jeng~~ I was worried my meringue would go under beat since I had this problem before. But nonetheless, I've overcome it and have mastered how a fully ready meringue would look like. I'm also worried the meringue would turn out too active which means over beating of the meringue. Sigh. Overbeating of meringue would give you watery texture and you do not want your mixture to be watery in any of/during your baking. It would not turn out pretty good. 

My macaroons mixture was perfectly fine... Due to my super strong heat oven, it kinda... made the cookies baked too fast. Not allowing the entire cookie to be evenly cooked/baked. Hence, producing soft, melty texture which causes it to break easily. Also, the brown-ish colour of my macaroons. Supposed to be purple but why brown!?!?!? Sighhhh. 


See, my macaroons have legs! That means I didn't overbeat my meringue! Isn't it cute the teddy bear shape? HAHAHAA. It was quite tedious to even out and follow the shape of my teddy bear mold. Hence, the not smooth macaroon texture. I'm not too sure how perfect macaroon would look like underneath. Hmmm..should it be like mine? Or more evenly baked with less holes? 

No comments:

Post a Comment