13 December 2013

Krispy Kreme Singapore



Finally I visited Krispy Kreme Singapore. I was half hearted to visit the only Krispy Kreme store in Singapore as I assumed it might still have the super long queue. Once I visited (which was a week after their grand opening), they still had super long queue and duh, I can't be bothered to queue. Moreover, it was 8pm for god's sake. If I queued, I might end up going home probably 9++pm or I might have brought home less than half a dozen of doughnuts. 

Surprisingly, (of course) there was still queue, but it wasn't bad at all! It took me around 5 minutes or so for my turn to order! Yes, it was that fast! And boooooo to those who had to queue for super long time to get their hands on these doughnuts! Upon seeing their shelves, they really ahd a lot of doughnuts on display. However, half of the display was totally redundant. They probably have less than 10 kind of flavour. I didn't realise that after paying for my doughnuts. Seriously, took me a long time to decide which flavour to take. 

My mum insisted one me buying a dozen doughnuts. Not sure if she's for real or is she just being greedy upon seeing those delicious looking doughnuts. hahah! But, I stayed firm on my decision for half a dozen doughnuts. This house I expect no one to eat one doughnut all by himself. It was proven and I'm always right when deciding to buy desserts for the family. 

^ Red Velvet Doughnut
Not at all does it taste like a doughnut. Not at all does it have doughnut texture - the ones soft and doughy. The Red Velvet doughnut they have here was more cake-y than doughnut-y. I don't understand the definition of doughnut when I ate this. It's a cake shaped like a doughnut. That's all I've got to say. 
At your first bite, you try to convince yourself that it isn't too sweet, but.... the more bites you have for this doughnut the sweetness finally kicks in. The sweetness definitely comes from the glazed icing on the doughnut. Luckily, the red velvet cake has a bitter taste (which I assume it's from the cocoa powder - in the making of red velvets). This doughnut isn't too sweet at all :) 

^ Glazed Chocolate Cake Doughnut 
Similar to Red Velvet's, it was not doughnut-y at all. It was more of cake-y. Since chocolate cake itself is sweet, in addition to the glazed icing, it made it even more super sweeeeet. I don't like it. 


 ^ Strawberry/ Blueberry filled Doughnuts 
If you're a person who is afraid to venture your taste bud to different kind of flavours, you'll end up sticking to the simple strawberry or blueberry filled powdered doughnuts. All hell break loose, it was a bad choice after all. Hahaha! Why so? The strawberry or blueberry fillings were darrrnnnnn sweet I tell you. The doughnut itself was perfectly soft and delicious. It's weird because you wished they will be generous on the fillings but now, you find yourself quietly squeezing out as much fillings as possible and disposing them.

^ Peanut Butter  Doughnut 
This is a new flavour!!!! I am so glad it made it into Krispy Kreme menu! Among all the doughnuts I purchased, this was the besssstt! I love peanut butter and it will never fail on me. Krispy Kreme doughnut dough is as soft as can be. And that's what best doughnuts should have. The peanut butter,of course, was not sweet at all. Am I being bias here? I don't think sooo~~

Location:

Krispy Kreme Tangs Orchard

Tangs Orchard
Basement 1 Shop 2
310 Orchard Road
Singapore 238864

Open from 8am - 10pm daily
(8am - 11pm on Fridays)






No comments:

Post a Comment