29 May 2013

Siti's Delights Baking Class

Yesterday marks the last day of my baking class- Cake Beginner module with Chef Mastura! I think I might be pretty stoked to be able to pose a picture with a pretty famous Singaporean chef! hahahah!! It's been seriously time consuming and pretty tiring to have to make time from my entire day (be it after work/ from home). All those seven 4-hours lessons with her was damn right worth it. No doubt, my money was well spent on this module. I can officially brush up and start collecting orders for various occasion already !!! Yipeee! Just need consumers that's all (apart from family members).

As I expected, last lesson had to be a gorgeous grand cake. So, log cake it was! It was simple to make and absolutely fun in decorating the cake. I'm already getting so inspired and motivated to make somemore! hahahah! 

Another so called graduation ceremony for me! Thank you Chef for guiding me, teaching how to read a cake recipe and showed us the correct techniques in cake making. I'm soooo sure I'll be confident to bake different type of cakes this time round. I'm so able to expand my skills and not only just bake (damn) cupcakes but to be more extravagant and bake fancy cakes.

I know people might think it's kinda pathetic to have joined a baking class and learn the same old boring cakes. But, to me, I think it's a worthwhile experience. Not only did I do baking during the class. I learnt hell loads of interesting and new things about bakery. I don't have to be foolish to go Google and find myself confused about baking facts. I'm able to have the motivation and absolute confidence to be a great baker and open up my own business one day (which is absolutely a dream come true).

I'm sooo sooo gonna save up my cash on another baking module! So that I'm able to be flexible and polish myself skills with different types of baking techniques. In the meantime, I shall just join Ad-Hoc classes! Teeehheee. 


No comments:

Post a Comment