17 March 2013

Coconut Blossom

Made this early in the morning to prepare for relative's birthday party! From what I know of and experienced before, I feel that Malay traditional kuih are easiest to make. Compare to normal vanilla cupcakes/ cakes whatsoever... You know why? Because.... From what Malay kuih I've done before the ingredients are all mixed together simultaneously! Eassyy peasy! Hahaha. No need to worry at all about the cupcakes turning to clumps or remembering step-by-step procedures by heart. 


You just gotta dump them in~ So, here I go with Coconut Blossom. Still... experimenting on a neater polka dots... But oh God knows best how it turned out to be. Super messy and a few turned out great though... :( Nevertheless, I decided to do the way I do my special way~ Random smiley face, alphabets, swirls, mini polka dots (which turned out alright) anddd..... a new design! RIPPLES inspired by Raspberry Ripple Ice Cream! hahaha. That idea came from my brother... So take a look (below) yourself! 


Coconut Blossom   
Ingredients:
  • 3 eggs (cold)
  • 230g caster sugar  
  • 280g flour 
  • 2 teaspoon baking powder  
  • 1 tablespoon ovalette
  • 170g coconut milk
  • 1 teaspoon pandan essence
Fillings: 
  • 150g grated coconut
  •  60ml water
  •  100g gula Melaka
  •  1 table spoon corn flour 
  •   1 stalk pandan leaf 
Methods:
  1. Prepare steamer as it requires for steaming the cakes .
  2. Sift flour and baking powder together
  3. Add in all ingredients simultaneously (shown in picture)  








No comments:

Post a Comment