02 February 2013

Baking Class @ Little House Of Dreams

This was on 1st February and I had my baking class in the evening. Really wasn't looking forward to going town area at that time. This baking class was advertised on the website of Groupon and I guessed it was cheap and worth it. Since originally it is $100/pax! Thank god for Groupon I had to pay $55/pax ! Phewww~ I think it was worth it to have purchased Groupon coupon as I wouldn't see myself paying $100 for it. 


So, I headed down to Clarke Quay as the Little House of Dream (the shop) was located at The Central mall. As punctual as I am, I reached the place at 6pm meanwhile the class starts at 6:30pm. Since there is still sun out there, I decided to sightsee on my own. Honestly, as a local Singaporean I've never been here in my life. Thus, the picture above I HAD to take :) heheheh. I would love to ride on the boat too one day! 

As the time approaches 6:30pm...
Little House of Dream was quite hidden and had left me roaming around finding the shop. By the way, just find a Ya Kun Kaya Toast from Level 1 and there'll be an escalator down. Take a right turn and you'll see the shop around the corner, right behind Yamakawa SuperStore. 
Anyhooo, both exterior and interior of the shop completely amazed me!!! It was soooo dreamlike and cute! The chairs, tables, decorations and the bakery machines were pastels ~ And I honestly do have a soft spot for things which are in pastel colours! Hehehee.


The theme of the baking class was Whimsical Tea Party. And it's so much so related to Alice in The Wonderland. With teapots, flowers, mad hatter and also the cupcakes~ As I know of it, it'll definitely be a basic vanilla cupcake base. So, I guess I have no problem with that. Just that..... it's of a different method and I, now, know how to make a moist cupcake! YAHOOOO~ 
No wonder the last time I did my chocolate muffin with the Mama, it didn't turn out great.... NOW I KNOWWWW.

Guys, those cupcakes above are the ones I made and designed.....
HAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAH! (I wish) 
Pretty, isn't it? Hence, we learnt making the basic cupcake and also the fun part... DECORATIONS!

The cupcakes were damn yummy... I think it was my group's cupcakes.. since we were just in pair. paired up with a 30-40 aged lady by the way. She's really friendly :) Although we kinda did wrongly or didn't completely mix well everything... hahaha! Opppsss.... They gave our cupcakes to the rest and it tasted greaaaaaatttt!!~ 
For your info, everyone gets to bring home 6 (whatever we made) cupcakes! That explains why our group's cupcake was given out to the rest. So-called "leftovers". 

Comes the decoration part. We had to make: 
  1. Flower
  2. Hat
  3. Teapot
Yes, obviously, they made us do the easiest to the hardest decoration. 
  • Flowers: They were a bunch of halved medium-sized marshmallows. They were then dipped into a bowl of colourful sugar EDIBLE crystals. Easy, right? You can do it too! 
  • Hat and Teapot:  We made use of an edible sugar plasticine dough, which are called fondant. Fondant can be bought at bakery shops such as, Phoon Huat. For the methods of making them.. It is as simple as making the dough into a ball, and shaped them the way you want it. For the strips/ ribbon on a hat, you can just roll it out long and flatten them. :D However, it was tedious for the teapot tho... As it does need the stout and the handle. HARDEST I TELL YOU!! 

Taaadaaa~ Above are my cupcakes except that the yellow hat was made by the demonstrator. She's a lovely person, btw. So sweet, dearly and loving person.
Overall, it was a worth it and a fun lesson! Now, I can bake them without any worries that my cupcake will turned out bleaahh~ It never did honestly. hahahaha~~ BRAGGGGG!!!!

SIDE NOTE: Fyi, this shop was a dream come true for the owners of this shop (mother and daughter). They started off from an online shop.. and expanded and had their dreams come true! D'aaawwww~ I wished for that too :) 
You can order/ buy / learn how to bake by simply: 

No comments:

Post a Comment