11 January 2013

Hey, Cupcakes!


Headed down to Hey, Cupcakes! since I was informed that they are selling their super cute Sesame Street cupcakes this weekend! So, hurry y'all if you wanna have a bite or just fancy taking picture of cute food. It's available today until Sunday. Else, you gotta wait around 2 more weeks or just simply 'like' them on Facebook to get latest updates! 


Anyway, I came down alone.. And as alone I was... I came to be more panicky to where should I alight, where should I go, where would this lead me... hahahah! Most stupid thing of all is to have me questioning and confusing myself "Should I take this bus? Should I alight now?" and the very perpetually last seconds of decision. I hate myself for doing this. I had to face shame and giggling to myself twice today. TWICE. Shame on me. 

Prolly it happens to me when I'm happy and ready to head home. That's when little scared Humaira begins to take over my body, hence the panicky feelings and making terrible shameful mistakes. Hahhaahah! YAYYYY! I got myself Sesame Street cupcakes that I've been eyeing on due to it's cuteness! Nonetheless, I had to get at least a Cookies And Cream cupcake as well. Everytime with the cookies~ 

Well then.. Hey, Cupcakes wasn't that tough to find when you're alone! Thanks to Google Map, hehhee~ It's along a quiet street of Joo Chiat Road, with no nearby bus stop tho... Lucky for Singapore being small, it's just a little short walk to this cupcake wonderland. 

NOTE: DON'T JUDGE THE BOOK BY IT'S COVER. 


Elmo Cupcake ($4): Lychee Buttercream on Vanilla Cake 

The smell of the lychee buttercream icing was dammn aromatic. I sure did fell for it's cuteness and aroma. The vanilla cake was normal like all basic cupcakes would have. I'm glad enough that it wasn't too oily/ buttery. It was of good texture too. That part... Pass :) 
Unfortunately, I didn't quite like Elmo's nose, which was made up of a M&M.. It gave me the impression that this cupcake was done like... days before today. It looked like it had been soaked in water / the after effects when you dissolved it into your mouth. Moreover, the oreo...Not only on Elmo but on the rest of the cupcakes I bought... were soggy and not crunchy. 
Finallllyyy~ It's cuteeeeee and damn I was fooled. The buttercream was super sweet to me and I barely didn't even wanna lick off the cream that were all on my fingers or plate. Honestly, I didn't even finish the icing. 
How bout I suggest to lessen down the sugar? Or probably the lychee essence or something?? hahahahaha! 

Cookie Monster cupcake($4) : Blueberry buttercream on Vanilla cake 

I have to say it's similar to Elmo. I'm sorry for you , dear Cookie Monster - coz you had to feed on soggy and not crunchy oreos :( I wish they'll bear that in mind. 

Oscar Cupcake ($4): Vanilla Bean Buttercream on  Dark Chocolate Cake 

This was different compared to the above two. Since Oscar lives in a garbage bin, hence the cupcake base shall be dark chocolate cake! Hahaha. Similarly, I'll give a pass on the basic cupcake base and a thumb down to the oreo.... I love oreo!! How could they .............. :( The vanilla bean icing was something unique to try and the sweetness of it was acceptable :) 


Cookie and Cream Cupcake ($3)

I'm utterly disappointed with the oreos! hahaha. Yes, STILL.... on the oreos~~ Ya know why? Because the most important thing on a cookies and cream cupcake is the COOOKIEES. I'm delighted that Hey, Cupcakes uses Oreos as cookies. However, they are soggy. On the brighter side, the buttercream was not buttery at all compared to Twelve Cupcakes's - which didn't had me to a finger buttercream-licking good ending. 



Hey, Cupcakes shall be the last on my cupcake list... And I have yet to try other shops. Not to worry, last on my list is currently the third place. hahahah! That issss whyyyy... I have to cupcake hunt~ I enjoyed and adored the adorable decorations on their cupcakes. Plus points to their creativity. Do bear in mind to carry around the NOTE(idiom is it?)... Soooooo deceiving! 


Location:


No comments:

Post a Comment