09 January 2015

Fluff Bakery (Ondeh-ondeh/Mango Basil/Dark Choc Pie )

^ That is sure a long title for a blog post. But it's okay. It'll be much easier for people to google for it and come across this post. Hehee. 

On a lovely Friday and had no plans for that day, we decided to head down to Fluff Bakery. Fortunately, they had ondeh ondeh cupcakes on that they! Thank you for that they had updated and posted on their Instagram their weekly cupcake menu. Yay! I was wondering what's so great about their ondeh ondeh cupcakes and really looked forward to try it myself. Honestly, I planned to buy just AN ondeh ondeh cupcake but.... When you think about it you're already there and queued for 30mins for a cupcake it is just so not worth it. 



Fortunately (again), I was early for their cakes and pies. How could you not grab one of those?! It's just right in front of youuu !! I was quite disappointed when two persons before me managed to snag that last piece of pie. Thank you (again) for replenishing and actually having another pie in the kitchen. Of course, I purchased a pie. Phew! 

^ Ondeh-ondeh Cupcake ($4)
I truly understand why everyone come rushing for this stunning and delicious cupcake. It is actually simple to make this cupcake if you're a true melayu as the ingredients are like those in Coconut Blossoms and of course, ondeh ondeh itself. They're just in a cupcake form that's all.
Hands down, best bakery store in Singapore! They never fail to reduce sweetness for their cream. Ohhh the cream for the ondeh ondeh cupcake is truly sinful and had this (lemak?) taste which could be made from coconut milk (hmmm?).
I would come back and grab it during their #ondehondehweek hehee.

^ Explosive Mango Basil Cupcake ($4)
I know it sounds weird having herb in a cupcake. No worries because it sure compliments really well with the mango flavouring. The slight herb flavouring made the overall cupcake quite refreshing. Of course, the filling is mango with a tint of herb in it. The cream (as always) is not too sweet and was just at a sufficient amount. Which I truly like about a cupcake :)
It is really inspiring and amazing to find how that they came up with such flavour combinations.  


^ Dark Chocolate Feuilletine Pie 
I forgot the price for a slice of pie but it sure was either $7 or $8. It is a standard pricing for pies if you go to a cafe for example, Windowsil Pie. 
Anyway, the pie sure was heavenly. I did not regret buying it and now, I know why they were once popular because of their pie (instead of cupcakes). I can't help myself but to have to really savour this one and only piece of yummylicous pie. Arggg, so good! Definitely dark chocolate is the right ingredient to use in making a pie. It, too, compliments with that base of the pie. I have no idea what it is but it tasted like hazelnut (is ittt??? LOL). 

Did you know the dark chocolate feuilletine pie is one of the best selling tarts? Now you do! Be sure to come early and try one of their tarts (if they have it on that day). Don't say I didnt inform you! 


No comments:

Post a Comment